Read more in the Undergraduate Announcement.
Independent work guide
Learn more about junior independent work and senior thesis research.
Sample health-related HIS theses
- “And Then They Came For Me” An Examination of Human Medical Experimentation in Nazi Germany and the United States
- A Bundle of Sadness: Medicalization of Postpartum Depression
- “Eternal Father, Strong to Save”: The US Navy Medical Department in the Korean Conflict, 1950-1953
- House of Extended Grace: Gwanghyewon and the Role of Medical Missions in Early Korean Christianity during the 1880s
- A Madness Network: Psychiatric Survivor Activism in the San Francisco Bay Area, 1972-1986
- “Opinions, Statements, Knowledge, Hearsay”: Scientific Controversy in AIDS Origin Theories
- "Revolution of Falling Expectations": Bertram Brown & the Political Psychiatry of Community Mental Health (1963-1978)
- THE SHOWMAN AND THE SCALPEL: P.T. BARNUM, HIS CIRCUS, AND ITS IMPACT ON MEDICINE
- Women and AIDS: Women's Advocacy and Leadership in ACT UP NY 1987-1993