HPA Majors + Prehealth Information: Humanities & Social Sciences (google slides)
"An ode to econ: the best major for a would-be MD" - from the KevinMD.com blog
Read more in the Undergraduate Announcement
ECO Department Website
Explore the website.
Independent work guide
Learn more about junior independent work and the senior thesis.
Sample ECO theses written by prehealth students
- Do Neonatal Intensive Care Units Save Lives? Longitudinal Evidence from United States Counties, 1976-2013
- The Effect of Payment Reductions on Medicare Advantage Plan Supplemental Benefits: Insights from the Affordable Care Act
- Examining Disparities in Mental Health Care and Access Among Black and White Americans
- The First Three Years: Effects of Early Life Child Care on Child, Adolescent, and Young Adult Human Capital
- Jackknife Instrumental Variable Estimation of the Effects of Gamma Knife Radiosurgery in the Treatment of Metastatic Brain Tumors
- Not So Sweet: The Effect of Food Insecurity on Adult Diabetes Risk
- Pills, Policy, Providers: Analyzing The Impacts Of State-level ACA Medicaid Expansions On County-level Opioid Prescribing Rates
- Understanding the Conflicting Effects Of Business Cycles on Influenza Vaccines and Severity