Princeton is proud of the diversity of its student population. We at HPA are always interested to speak with students from around the world to get a sense of what their experience with various healthcare systems has been and to learn about role models and inspirations around the globe.
The process of preparing for and applying to U.S. health professional schools is the same whether or not you are a U.S. citizen—the differences relate to which health professional schools will consider international students, and what finance options are available. International prehealth students will be more limited than their U.S. peers in where they can apply, and private loans may require co-signers and/or funding in escrow. International prehealth students at Princeton are encouraged to come as early as possible in their undergraduate careers to discuss their plans.
Websites, Lists and Articles of Interest
- How do I ... apply as an international student? - courtesy of the AAMC
- Princeton International Student Data 2017-21 (google doc)
- AAMC Statistics for Applicants/Matriculants by Residence
- F-1 Doctors - student organization co-founded by a Princeton alum
- InternationalStudentLoan.com - a place to start for finding loans as an international student
- Sallie Mae International Student Loans - another option for borrowing
"If you are a non-U.S. citizen, see HPA early and learn about the financing issues unique to international students." ~ Richmond Owusu '09