Links of Interest
- Pre-Health Dreamers - this grassroots movement seeks to provide resources for DACA and undocumented students who aspire to a career in the health professions. It has the most up-to-date health professions resources that we have found.
- Pomona College's Pre-Health Advising office has compiled a number of resources, including a list of medical schools that are friendly to DACA / undocumented students. It can be found on their website: https://www.pomona.edu/administration/pre-health/explore/undocumented-and-dacamented-student-resources/medical-schools-open-undocumented-and-daca-applicants
- Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine was the first med school to formally welcome DACA students.
- The AAMC Fee Assistance Program is available to DACA students who meet their income guidelines. The FAP reduces the cost of studying for the MCAT and applying to MD programs.
- Med student "dreamers" speak out on maintaining DACA protections (AMA Wire, Feb 2017)
- Halfway through med school, undocumented students worry Trump will derail their progress (Public Radio International, December 2016)
- The AAMC supports DACA (December 2016)
- Meet the first undocumented med school student at UCSF (The Atlantic, 2014)