Penn Access Summer Scholars (PASS) at Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania is a highly selective program for sophomores at Princeton, Haverford College, the University of Pennsylvania, Howard University, Morehouse College, Oakwood University, Spelman College, and Xavier University.
HPA advisers nominate finalists to Perelman, and Perelman faculty make the final selection of PASS Scholars. Participants stay in close contact with HPA advisers, who support them in the linkage process to Penn Med in their senior year.
- Sophomore (rising junior) at Princeton
- Minimum 3.5 science and cumulative GPA.
- Applicants from a racial/ethnic group underrepresented in medicine, from economically disadvantaged backgrounds, and/or those who are the first in their family to pursue higher education or medicine are especially encouraged to apply..
All applicants must submit:
- Resume including significant high school and college activities
- PASS Application
- Short essay responses
- One letter of recommendation from a Princeton professor, preceptor or adviser who can speak to the applicant's academic abilities and readiness for a career in medicine. Up to one additional letter may be submitted.
|Application, resume, essays due to HPA
|HPA interviews selected applicants
|Letter(s) of recommendation due to HPA
|PASS applications forwarded to U Penn
|First PASS summer research experience
|PASS Scholars meet with Princeton HPA advisers to discuss summer experiences and academic progress.
|Second PASS research summer experience
|PASS Scholars participate in HPA Preapplication & Committee Letter process
|Linkage students matriculate at Penn