Incoming students often worry about fitting all of the prehealth requirements into eight semesters. HPA advisers, departmental representatives, and others can help you map out your coursework.
Here are some tools to use in your planning:
- Princeton Prehealth Planner: Four Year Template (google doc)
- Princeton Prehealth Planner: Four Year Horizontal Template (google doc)
- Printable Prehealth Planner (pdf)
- HPA Major Choices: Examples of four-year timelines for numerous majors are included here
- McGraw Center Semester and Weekly Planner Templates
- HPA GPA Calculator Google Sheet
- Start with one science. Adjusting academically and socially to Princeton is challenging. Lab-based science courses are especially time-intensive. Successful prehealth students give themselves time to adjust to the rigor of Princeton before taking on more than one lab class in a term.
- Plan in pencil. Give yourself permission to discover new interests and explore new paths along the way.
- Visualize possibilities. Make four-year plans for different majors, certificates, etc. that you're considering to see how they compare to each other.
- Consider life beyond classes. For some students, it helps to jot down significant co-curriculars and other experiences in a four-year plan. We have included your entrance exam and application in the timeline provided. Add in other significant activities as desired.