Included here are career changer programs where alumni have found success.
- The American University Post-Baccalaureate Premedical Certificate (Washington DC) prepares students in a number of careers including medicine, dentistry, vet med, podiatry, pharmacy, optometry, physician assistant, physical therapy, and nursing.
- Bennington College Post-bac Premedical Program (Bennington VT) is a one-year program for students who have excelled in an undergraduate program. Their post-bac students are both recent college graduates and experienced professionals from many backgrounds.
- Bryn Mawr College (Bryn Mawr PA) offers highly motivated career changers who never took the premedical courses the opportunity to complete an intensive, full-time preparation for medical school in one year. It is the home of one of the nation’s oldest, strongest, and most respected post-baccalaureate premedical programs.
- The Columbia University Post-baccalaureate Premedical Program (NYC) is the oldest and largest program of its kind in the United States. Linkage opportunities are available with a number of medical schools for the most highly qualified postbac students.
- The Fordham Postbac offers classes at three NY campuses and offers flexibility, evening classes, loan support, personal advising, and small class sizes.
- The Goucher Post-Baccalaureate Premedical Program (Baltimore MD) is supportive, rigorous, and challenging. It provides preparation for men and women dedicated to changing their lives—and touching the lives of others—by pursuing a career in medicine.
- Harvard Extension School Health Careers Program: offers an open and comprehensive academic curriculum, with introductory and advanced science courses offered, mostly in the evening to accommodate working professionals. Students who meet certain qualifications are eligible for sponsorship through the program and a committee letter of support.
- Georgetown University Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Medical Certificate (Washington, DC): a 15-24 month program that admits about 30 students for summer/fall and a few for the spring semester.
- George Washington University School of Medicine & Health Sciences Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Medicine Program (Ashburn, VA): one-year program that provides future physicians, dentists, and PAs with prerequisite science coursework, standardized test preparation, and access to real-world experiences to ensure enhance their applications to graduate medical education programs.
- Johns Hopkins Post-Baccalaureate Premedical Program (Baltimore MD): Designed to meet the needs of talented individuals from a multiplicity of backgrounds, this program is right for you if you've compiled an excellent academic record in college, have never applied to medical school, are committed to serving others, and have the ultimate goal of entering the medical profession.
- Rutgers University (Piscataway NJ) postbac students receive priority registration for required science courses and advising through the Health Professions office, including access to a committee interview and committee letter.
- Thomas Jefferson University Postbac Program (Philadelphia PA) provides a small, cohort-based experience within an academic medical center. Advising, classes, and MCAT support are provided within the program. One- and two-year timelines are possible.
- Tufts Postbaccalaureate Premedical Program (Boston MA) provides a concentrated program of study, supplemented by a network of personalized advising and support.
- U Penn Pre-Health Core Studies: designed to be completed in one year full-time, or two years part-time. Successful applicants to this highly selective program generally have earned a bachelor's degree at least one year prior to applying, possess an excellent academic record, and have demonstrated ability in standardized testing. They typically have a clear understanding of the challenges awaiting them in their chosen healthcare field, gained through substantial (usually a year) volunteer work or employment in a related field.
- University of Vermont Post-Baccalaureate Premedical Program: helps students pursue medical, dental, veterinary, pharmacy, physician assistant, nurse practitioner, physical therapy, and other health professions. The program provides resources and guidance, rigor and flexibility with the option of a one or two year program designed exclusively for your needs, previous experience and interests.
- University of Virginia Post-Baccalaureate Premedical Program: a one-year program designed for college graduates with strong academic records who have made a late decision to pursue a career in medicine.
- Scripps College Post-Baccalaureate Premedical Program (Claremont CA): prepares students for admission to medical school. The students are a diverse and interesting group characterized by intelligence, motivation, maturity, and commitment to increasing their own knowledge and life possibilities.
- UC Berkeley Extension offers priority registration to small classes, personal advising, and a composite letter of recommendation. Courses meet at night and on weekends to allow for a regular work schedule, and participants have flexibility in how quickly they complete the program.