Dr. James Chan is looking to hire a Medical Assistant starting in early January 2021! This position is perfect for pre-meds looking for a clinical gap year job! Dr. Chan is a double-board certified ENT physician and facial plastic surgeon. You will be working with Dr. Chan at a multi-speciality medical clinic located in Clackamas, Oregon: Mt. Scott ENT & Sleep Medicine and Reviance Plastic Surgery & Aesthetic Center.
This full-time position will prepare you well for medical school and offer you the best exposure to direct patient care. Dr. Chan also offers flexibility to take time off for medical school interviews. We offer competitive wages, paid vacation/sick time and medical benefits. If you have any questions about the position, please contact Dr. Chan’s current medical assistant, Yifan Mao (email@example.com). If you feel like you may be a good addition to our clinic, please send your resume and cover letter to Dr. Chan (firstname.lastname@example.org). We look forward to hearing from you!
- Scribes for physician during patient consults and exams and as required otherwise.
- Escorts patients to exam rooms and prepares patients for examinations and procedures according to physician preferences.
- Assists the physician with procedures, as well as administering medications, suture removals, and conducting patient education
- Handles phone support when appropriate, to include triaging, pre-certs, referrals, calling in prescriptions, etc.
- Performs clerical duties necessary for the physicians to see patients; contacts patients regarding test results or for other related reasons as directed.
- If needed, schedules patient appointments with efficient use of clinical time slots.
- Computer literate – MS Office applications.
- Professional in appearance.
- Detail and goal-oriented.
- Ambitious and trainable.
- Ability to multitask.
- Team player.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.