The Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism, is looking for a part-time or full time research technician.
In this role, the candidate would be responsible for performing laboratory experiments under direct supervision. The successful applicant must be highly motivated and passionate about research, have good communication skills, keep highly-organized records, and work efficiently and collaboratively as part of our team.
This position is ideal for premedical students looking to take one or two years off before starting medical school or graduate school. The individual will have the opportunity to learn valuable laboratory techniques, attend both basic science and clinical seminars.
The research technician will be primarily responsible for the following activities:
- Basic lab duties under general supervision as well as more advanced duties under direct supervision.
- Performs routine technical tasks, and assists in the general maintenance of the lab, such as prepare stock reagents and solutions and maintaining lab databases.
- General techniques in standard molecular biology techniques like DNA and RNA isolation, regular PCR, realtime PCR, western blotting, ELISA.
- Lipid assays, Tissue sectioning, immunofluorescent staining and imaging.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
We are looking for candidates who possess at least a bachelor’s degree and are able to work independently and as part of a team. This is a paid position. Ideal start date is August 2020, but flexible.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume to Dr. Debapriya Basu Debapriya.Basu@nyulangone.org
NYU is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran