The Gould lab, a neuroscience lab that studies brain plasticity in experimental animals in the Princeton Neuroscience Institute at Princeton University, seeks a full-time Research Specialist to assist with on-going experiments. We are looking for an enthusiastic and hardworking individual with excellent organizational skills and ability to work well with others. The successful candidate will have a willingness to learn and acquire new skills.
This is a one-year term position with the possibility of extension,contingent upon successful performance and continued funding.
The position will primarily involve the following responsibilities:
- Rodent work (i.e., surgery, behavior, handling, breeding, etc.)
- Immunofluorescence, confocal and electron microscopy
- Hormone assays
- Data analysis
- Maintaining laboratory protocols and other basic lab functions
- Bachelor’s degree in neuroscience and/or other relevant scientific field
- Laboratory experience working with rodents
- Excellent references