Job Posting Description
At Boston Children’s Hospital, the quality of our care – and our inclusive hospital working environment – lies in the diversity of our people. With patients from local communities and 160 countries around the world, we’re committed to reflecting the spectrum of their cultures, while opening doors of opportunity for our team. Here, different talents pursue common goals. Voices are heard and ideas are shared. Join us, and discover how your unique contributions can change lives. Yours included.
A full-time research assistant position is available to work with Dr. Jaymin Upadhyay, Ph.D., at Boston Children’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School. Our lab focuses on clinical research studies in the areas of pain and psychiatry. Our lab carries out multidisciplinary investigations in children and adults.
This Research Assistant I will be responsible for:
- Initiate and maintain contact with study participants.
- Screening and enrolling study participants, ensuring they meet appropriate criteria, and makes judgment as to the suitability of their participation.
- Coordinate study visits with adolescents and their parents or adult subjects.
- Conduct clinical, behavioral and neuroimaging experiments in patients and control subjects.
- Work in concert with Dr. Upadhyay and other lab members, develops and implements patient recruitment strategies.
- Develop, organize, and/or maintain the study database.
- Responsible for data validation and quality control, as well as data analyses.
- Helps to develop and implement new research protocols including design, and data collection systems.
- Mailing various study information or packets to study participants.
- Participates in generating manuscripts, abstracts,
- Maintains inventory and orders supplies when necessary.
- Assists in IRB submission and compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Performs data analysis
To qualify, you must have:
- BS or BA degree required in neuroscience, psychology, pre-med, biology. Other majors also considered
- Relevant course or project work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required for working with pediatric and adult patients.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of clinical research protocol
- Knowledge of R, MATLAB
- Technical proficiency is a plus
- Excellent organization skills and ability to prioritize a variety of tasks.
Email Mariesa Cay '20 (Mariesa.Cay@childrens.harvard.edu) with questions.