The lab of Dr. Pavan Atluri, M.D., is looking for a 2-year, full-time research specialist from June 2020 through Summer 2022. This position would be ideal for graduating students looking for a two-year, post-baccalaureate research opportunity before beginning graduate or medical school. Our translational research lab is currently focused on developing novel regenerative cardiac therapies for patients who have suffered from myocardial infarction. Our work is interdisciplinary in nature, combining basic science and bioengineering approaches. Individuals with an interest in or experience in cardiology, stem cell therapies, bioengineering, and animal surgeries are encouraged to apply.
In addition to managing daily lab responsibilities, research specialists will have the opportunity to develop their own projects for abstract/paper submission, collaborate on clinical projects, and shadow general and cardiac surgeons. This position is a good fit for students hoping to apply to graduate or medical school in the near future.
1. Two or more years of experience in laboratory research, with independent work in cell culture strongly preferred
2. Able to work independently and as part of a team
3. Must be self-motivated, organized, and have excellent communication skills
4. Must be consistent and committed to research
5. Willing to make a two-year commitment
Interested applicants should email firstname.lastname@example.org with their resume and cover letter. The application deadline is April 30, 2020 at 11:55 PM. However, applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, and early submissions are encouraged.