Title: Research Assistant
Location: Upper East Side
Org Unit: IBD Clinical Research
We are looking for someone who has clinical research experience and/or a strong interest in clinical work. We work at Weill Cornell/NYPH in the Jill Roberts Center for Inflammatory Bowel Disease and interact directly with patients to help them gain access to novel treatments in clinical trials. Under direction, clinical research assistants provide research, data analysis and operational support to principal investigators and research coordinators for clinical research studies.
- Coordinates the recruitment and enrollment of study participants. Assesses patient eligibility for inclusion in clinical trials. Ensures proper consent protocols have been followed for study participation.
- Assists with departmental mailings, including patient medical records. Ensures accuracy of recipient contact information and location for correct delivery.
- Conducts literature reviews and gains expert familiarity with protocols that will be used as templates.
- Assists in creation of study database.
- Manages and enters collected data into study database.
- Conducts qualitative coding and thematic analysis of study data.
- May perform statistical analysis of research data.
- Assists in the preparation of materials, submissions and renewals to the Institutional Review Board (IRB) or IACUC.
- Assists faculty in the preparation of grant submissions and associated documentation, which may include just-in-time documents, progress reports, routing forms, abstracts and manuscripts.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
Education required: High School Diploma
- Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Approximately one year of related experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Statistical and database management experience, including proficiency in SPSS and/or RedCap.
- Previous clinical research experience is helpful.
- Knowledge of medical terminology is helpful.
For those interested in the position, please apply here!