Summit Prep is hiring! Join a premier academic tutoring and college consulting company in solving some of the greatest education challenges of our generation. Test performance and standardized testing in particular, stand at a pivotal juncture between high school and admittance to a desired university. By improving students' grades, their SAT/ACT scores, and advising and helping them with the college admissions process, you will change students’ lives and enable them to realize and achieve their college goals.
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of a fast-paced environment of dedicated, intellectually curious, passionate, and enterprising young professionals. We strive for excellence. We believe in continual improvement and recognize that the best teachers are lifelong learners. We work collaboratively to continually refine our methods and knowledge base. We embody the innovative spirit of start-up culture, but with all the tunings of an established and well-oiled engine.
We are currently seeking an SAT/ACT tutor. Bonus if you have experience tutoring in other AP subject areas, e.g. Chemistry, Biology, Physics, History, and/or Government, etc!
Please note: the role will be based in our newly opened Central Jersey location (Bernardsville, NJ).
In addition to traditional candidates with formal tutoring experience, candidates in transition to a graduate program (e.g. medical school, PhD) in the next 2 years are encouraged and welcome to apply.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Conducting lessons with students either individually or in a small group setting
- Preparing a detailed lesson plan for each lesson in advance
- Discussing student progress with each student, their family, and/or other stakeholders, including providing recommendations and an action plan for improvement
- Submitting an accurate session log and completing a summary for all lessons you lead
- Attending all Company and team meetings, as required
- Maintaining current knowledge in each subject area where instruction is carried out
- Participating in relevant professional development for the subject matter