The Philadelphia Adult Congenital Heart Center is a joint program of the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and Penn Medicine dedicated to the clinical care of adult patients with congenital heart disease. Research is a main focus in this new and rapidly growing subspecialty.
The research coordinator for the Philadelphia Adult Congenital Heart Center will serve as the central point-person of contact for any research activities involving the program and report directly to the medical director. This position offers the opportunity to build competencies in clinical research, conduct mentored independent research, and gain exposure to the practice of medicine.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Organize and facilitate monthly research meetings and ensure projects run on a timeline.
- Coordinate and participate in the conduct of clinical research protocols including screening, enrollment, and monitoring of patient participants.
- Maintain required records of study activity including case report forms, survey instruments, or regulatory forms and maintain data in secured database.
- Prepare protocol related documents for submission to the Institutional Review Board and maintain annual IRB approvals, amendments, and essential documentation.
- Monitor study activities to ensure compliance with protocols and with all relevant regulatory and institutional polices.
- Participate in the scientific process of research study design, background literature search, data analysis, and preparation of written reports, oral presentations, or manuscripts.
- Provide research support to the Center’s physicians, fellows, residents, and students and ensure all research staff are up to date with training in accordance with hospital policies.
Dates: One year or two-year position- open to discussion. June 1, 2021 (tentative start date) – June 30, 2022 (tentative end date)
Location: Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, 3401 Civic Center Blvd, Philadelphia, PA
Hours: Full time (40 hours per week)
Preferred Skills and Experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree minimum
- Previous research experience demonstrated through prior work experience and/or coursework
- Familiarity with principles of protocol development, study design, and IRB process
- Proficiency in computer programs (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, Access)
- Knowledge of basic statistics and analysis tools such as SPSS
- High level of initiative and ability to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to work with diverse constituents (e.g. clinicians, patients, staff, students)
- Strong project management skills
Application: Please submit the following materials (in PDF format) to Jessica Carducci at Jessica.Carducci@pennmedicine.upenn.edu
- 1-2 page cover letter. Please detail your interest and experience in research and include any other points of interest you may feel are relevant to this position.
Deadline: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Applicants are encouraged to send all materials by March 10, 2021.
Questions: Please direct any questions to Jessica Carducci at Jessica.Carducci@pennmedicine.upenn.edu