Dr. Nadine Tung is a breast medical oncologist who specializes in both breast cancer treatment and cancer genetics at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston, MA. She is currently looking for a research assistant to manage her clinical studies focused on understanding hereditary breast cancer. This is a full-time, paid position with a required 2 year commitment.
- Assess patients' eligibility for protocols. Recruit and enroll patients to clinical trials.
- Discuss informed consent with patients.
- Obtain blood and tissue samples for banking protocols.
- Monitor strict adherence to protocols.
- Abstract clinical data from medical records and complete case report forms.
- Manage patient data in a computerized database. Monitor quality and timelines of data submissions.
- Oversee the organization, storage, and inventory of tissue specimens required per protocols. Transport bloods and tumor specimens as needed.
- Manage regulatory forms for studies and correspondence with IRB.
- Represent the research program at departmental meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree (current seniors scheduled to graduate May, 2022 may apply).
- 0-3 years related work experience.
- 2 year commitment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required for interaction with patients, nurses, physicians, and sponsoring organization representative involved with various protocols.
- Excellent written skills to interact with patients, physicians, nurses and science investigators.
- Working knowledge of computerized data (word processing, spreadsheets, and database).
- Experience with computer systems, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or Access.
- Knowledge of medical terminology (preferred but not required).
Job Start Date:
- Able to hire immediately. Candidate must be available no later than end of May, 2022.
- Applicants should submit a resume and a cover letter. Email to Sharon Ra, firstname.lastname@example.org