Application deadline: online December 5, 11:59pm, hard copy December 7, 3:00pm
Before starting your Princeton in France application, learn more about Princeton in France (PIF) and visit the International Internship Program office to read evaluations from past interns. Please note, PIF has a separate application process from IIP internships.
To apply for a Princeton in France internship, you must be a fully enrolled Princeton freshman, sophomore, or junior during the summer of your internship.
- Application opens November 1, 2018, at 5 p.m.
- ONLINE application due by Midnight, Wednesday, December 5, 2018 (right after 11:59 pm on Wednesday)
- HARD COPY application due by 3:00 pm, Friday, December 7, 2018
- Before applying to PIF, please visit the IIP office (Louis A. Simpson International Building) to read evaluations from returned students. The office is open from 8:45 am – 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday.
- Please note that Princeton in France placements are four to eight consecutive weeks. The dates will agreed upon by you and your employer. We strongly recommend that you plan to intern in June and July (August is a vacation month!).
- All PIF placements automatically qualify for an internship award.
Step 1: Complete the Princeton in France application on the Global Programs System (GPS). Upload required documents and complete required questionnaires in the GPS application. These documents include:
- GPS profile
- Princeton in France Basic Information Application Form
- One-page essay written in French (topic is listed on the Basic Information Application Form)
- Faculty recommendation letter from a professor in the French department.
- Language evaluation form (can be requested through GPS or printed and submitted in sealed / signed envelope)
Please note you that once you submit each document in GPS, you cannot delete it. If you need to make changes, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: IIP APP ISSUE.
Step 2: Submit your resume and TigerHub internal transcript to the drop boxes on webspace (noted below). Please save all documents as a .pdf
Note: It is EXTREMELY important that you follow the instructions listed for each document.
- Please save as a .pdf in the following manner: "PIF_first name_last name_resume"
- Upload your resume here: PIF Summer 2018 Resume
Internal Transcript from TigerHub:
- You can retrieve a copy of your internal transcript through TigerHub
- Please save as a .pdf in the following manner: "PIF_first name_last name_transcript"
- Upload a copy of your TigerHub report here: PIF Summer 2018 Transcript
Step 3: You must bring a hard copy of your SUBMITTED documents as well as a 2x2 passport photo to the IIP office. You can review the hard copy drop off instructions here.
Step 4: Your application will not be complete until you schedule an interview in French. You should schedule your PIF interview through the WASS calendar of Florent Masse .
- During your French interview, a list of placements will be available and you will be able to state your preferences. You may be required to write an additional essay once we determine to which placement your application will be forwarded.