The Louis V. Gerstner, Jr. Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, sponsors a ten-week research program for outstanding undergraduate students who are interested in pursuing a career in the biomedical sciences.
Our 10-week Summer Undergraduate Research Program (SURP) begins on June 7 and ends on August 13, 2021. The program is designed for approximately 20 outstanding undergraduate freshmen, sophomores, and juniors interested in pursuing a career in biomedically related sciences. Applicants must have research experience. We are currently anticipating holding this internship in person, but will make a final determination about virtual vs in person in the Spring. We will continue to assess New York State guidelines and will post updates here.
Students in the program have the opportunity to:
- obtain hands-on research experience in cutting-edge laboratories
- interact with faculty, postdoctoral fellows, and graduate students
- attend a weekly luncheon/seminar series of presentations by faculty
- attend skills development workshops to hone presentation and interview skills
- attend and present at works-in-progress sessions with the cohort of SURP students
Students who are accepted into the program will be offered a stipend of $6,000 and housing. Housing accommodations are available in proximity to the school for the duration of the summer program. All students deliver research presentations at a poster session at the end of the program, and four exceptional students will be named Rubin and Sarah Shaps Scholars at the end of the program.