This comprehensive guide is designed for entering medical school students and provides valuable information and guidance to assist in navigating the financial challenges that typically and uniquely accompany medical school, including:
- Managing existing student loans during medical school
- Building a budget and managing finances during medical school
- Current repayment plan options, including the new REPAYE plan
- Alternatives to borrowing for medical students
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
- Additional resources for medical students
Updated for the 2016 school year, this publication was produced by the experts at the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) and provides critical information for new medical students.
This is a publication of The AAMC’s Financial Information, Resources, Services, and Tools (FIRST) program which provides free resources, like the Medloans® Organizer and Calculator and FIRST Financial Aid Fact Sheets to help students make smart financial decisions and build a successful debt management strategy.