Application deadline: October 31, 12 week, global, summer program for rising Juniors/Seniors
Experience the breathtaking pace of genomic innovation through Illumina’s iAspire internship program. Our 12-week, global, summer program is filled with opportunities to innovate, collaborate, and invest in yourself. Our interns work on relevant projects and programs, right alongside our engineers, scientists and corporate employees. It truly is an opportunity to learn, grow, and become a fully-integrated member of the Illumina community.
Material and Applied Surface Science group within Research and Technology Development is looking for a research associate intern. They will be a key contributor within integrated and multidisciplinary teams developing new and improving nucleic acid sequencing and sample preparation technologies. The intern in this role will be assisting in the development of new and existing materials and deposition methods for Illumina’s sequencing and sample preparation platforms.
- Must be a rising junior/senior in a Bachelor program with a minimum GPA 3.2 or 1st/2nd year in Master program in 2019.
- Preferred majors include chemistry, biochemistry, bioengineering, material science or a closely related field.
- Must have strong communication skills as well as ability to work effectively in collaborative environment.
- Core curriculum includes chemistry or material science.
- Good problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical reasoning skills are required.
- Record keeping and organization skills are desired.
- Experience with basic chemistry/biology wet lab is a plus.
This role is located in San Diego, CA. Candidates can apply to intern roles through October 31st, at which time they will be removed from posting. Please save the job description for all roles to which you applied, in order to reference once the postings are removed. Top candidates will move to our video interviewing platform as first step, in mid-November. Those selected for next steps will be contacted for a technical phone interview; the phone interview will be scheduled for early December. As the last step, final intern candidates are required to attend an assessment center event at our San Diego or Bay Area offices. The evening events will be held January 17th and 24th for San Diego, and January 21st for San Francisco. Candidates for San Diego roles will attend only one event in San Diego and will be notified of their assigned assessment date by mid-December. Candidates for Bay Area roles will attend the event in San Francisco on January 21st. Travel accommodations will be provided for those candidates who do not reside in the city where their assessment event is being held.
The iAspire program only supports F-1 visa status; no other visa types are eligible. F-1 students must have at least 3 months of CPT or OPT eligibility to participate.
For more information on iAspire, please visit www.illumina.com/iaspire.