Application is now open for the Nursing Success! Seminar.
Apply to attend the seminar January 13-15 2021,to learn more about the field of Nursing and the experience of Nursing school .
If the COVID 19 pandemic leads to the continuation of shelter-in-place, this event will be held virtually.
Nursing Success! is a three-day seminar that provides participants from underrepresented groups: African American, Pacific Islanders, Latinx, Native American, and Men, with the opportunity to explore the nursing profession.
During the seminar, students will:
- Have an invaluable learning experience and opportunity to explore the profession of Nursing
- Participate in organized lectures covering relevant topics in nursing such as: Reducing Health Disparities, International Nursing, and the Nursing Profession Today
- Learn about the SMU admission process, Financial Aid and preparation for the HESI exam
- Tour and see demonstrations of SMU’s state of the art Health Sciences Simulation Center
- Meet and speak with SMU nursing students, faculty, and University staff
The seminar is open to underrepresented students interested in the BSN, ABSN or ELMSN programs.
Application deadline: October 15