Application deadline: early November 26, regular December 26
Health Career Connection (HCC) is a comprehensive professional development program that provides paid summer internships to undergraduate and recent graduates in the field of public health and healthcare.
HCC is committed to increasing representation of all racial and ethnic groups in the health professions. Students of color, first-generation students and those of economically challenged backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Through partnerships with local organizations, HCC provides internships in a variety of settings including but not limited to: hospitals, community health centers, medical groups, health plans, local health departments, governmental agencies, community-based organizations, and advocacy groups. During the course of the internship, students will work on meaningful projects and gain professional and personal development skills or acumen. HCC provides extensive exposure to health careers through workshops and events guiding students towards their authentic health career path.
HCC interns are passionate, committed, and dedicated to connecting with their cohort and alumni.
Upcoming Informational Webinars
Interested applicants may attend any of the following scheduled webinars. During this webinar HCC staff members will give more information on the summer program and application, including:
- What to expect from an internship with HCC
- The application process and eligibility requirements
- Application checklist and selection criteria
- Frequently Asked Questions-- you have the opportunity to ask questions of HCC staff.
Please use the link below to register for any of our upcoming webinars:
- Wednesday, November 7th, 2018 – 6:00 AM – 7:00 AM PST/ 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM EST
- Monday, November 19th, 2018 - 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM PST/ 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM EST
- Monday, December 3rd, 2018 – 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM PST/ 8:00 PM – 9:00 PM EST
Tuesday, December 18th, 2018 – 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM PST/ 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM EST