volunteer position with an opportunity for co-authorship on published works
Visiting Scholars in the Department of Neurosurgery at Northwell Health provide faculty with project management support and work closely with experienced clinicians, researchers and administrative staff to ensure research and academic projects are produced with the highest level of quality and on schedule. Based on performance, there will be opportunities for co-authorship on published works. All time is spent on a volunteer basis, and therefore is not compensated.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Conduct literature reviews
- Write abstracts, manuscripts, and presentations
- Prepare materials for submission to granting agencies and foundations
- Prepare materials for IRB submission
- Manage and respond to project related email and other correspondences
- Attend project meetings as needed
- Prepare progress reports for the PI and/or funding agency
- Prepare other articles, reports, and presentations
- Identify, screen and consent patients for research studies while ensuring maintenance of ethical and legal standards, and compliance with local, state and national regulatory agencies
- Create databases and spreadsheets
- Collect, enter and analyze data (MS Excel, REDCap)
About Northwell Health
Northwell Health is New York State’s largest health care provider and private employer, with 21 hospitals and over 500 outpatient practices. We care for more than 1.8 million people annually in the metro New York area and beyond, thanks to philanthropic support from our communities. Our 61,000 employees – including 15,000+ nurses and 2,500+ doctors within Northwell Health Physician Partners – are working to change health care for the better. We’re making breakthroughs in medicine at the Feinstein Institute. We're training the next generation of medical professionals at the visionary Hofstra Northwell School of Medicine and the School of Graduate Nursing and Physician Assistant Studies. For information on our more than 100 medical specialties, visit Northwell.edu.
Bachelor’s degree with an interest in pursuing a career in the field of Health Sciences. Visiting Scholars are expected to have the ability to work in a professional environment where competency and confidentiality are required. Prior experience in research is preferable but not required.
For more information about the program and/or the application process please send your CV along with your questions to Justin Underwood (firstname.lastname@example.org)