Starting in the fall prior to application, prospective applicants work with HPA through a preapplication process.
This process serves two purposes:
- It helps you reflect on your experiences and craft your narrative prior to the application.
- It helps HPA advisers to write a unique, detailed committee letter of recommendation that will present you in a positive, personalized light to admissions committees.
The preapplication process includes submitting a number of forms, essays, and other materials, and participating in a Preapplication Interview. The process is outlined in detail in the Applicant Information Session. All forms and instructions are available to applicants via a Canvas course.
- Attend an Applicant Information Session (or watch online) and complete a registration form for access to the Canvas course for applicants
- Submit the Applicant Self-Assessment / Intent to Apply form and Resume on Canvas
- Meet with an HPA adviser for an Intake appointment
- Participate in an HPA preapplication interview, which will include preparing and submitting preapplication materials:
- activities overview
- activities list
- short essay responses