Prospective applicants work with HPA through a preapplication process to receive the HPA committee letter of recommendation, This process serves two purposes:
- It helps applicants reflect on their experiences and craft their narrative prior to the application.
- It helps HPA advisers to write a unique, detailed letter that will present the applicant in a positive, personalized light to admissions committees.
The preapplication process includes submitting a number of forms, essays, and other materials, and participating in a Preapplication Interview. The process is outlined briefly on our overview and timeline page and in more detail in the Applicant Information Session. All forms and instructions are available to applicants via a Canvas course. Email HPA for details.
- Attend an Applicant Information Session (or watch online)
- Email HPA for access to the Canvas course for applicants
- Submit the Applicant Intake / Intent to Apply form and Resume on Canvas
- Meet with an HPA adviser for an Intake appointment
- Participate in an HPA preapplication interview, which will include preparing and submitting preapplication materials:
- activities overview
- activities list
- short essay responses
- prerequisites form