Prospective applicants work with HPA through a preapplication process to receive the HPA committee letter of recommendation, This process serves two purposes:
- It helps applicants reflect on their experiences and craft their narrative prior to the application.
- It helps HPA provide a unique, detailed letter that will present the applicant in a positive, personalized light to admissions committees.
The preapplication process includes submitting a number of forms, essays, and other materials, and participating in a Preapplication Interview. The process is outlined briefly on our overview and timeline page and in more detail in the Applicant Information Session. All forms and instructions are available to applicants via a Canvas course. Email HPA for details.
Due before scheduling Preapplication Interview:
- HPA Intent to Apply / Applicant Intake Form
Due one week before Preapplication Interview:
- Preapplication Profile
- Autobiography & Short essays
- Activities overview & activities list
- Course list
Due in the summer:
- File Completion Form
We look forward to helping you navigate the process of applying to and getting accepted to health professional school! We enjoy guiding you through this process and supporting your applications, and we hope that you will keep us informed of all developments and decisions throughout your application cycle.