Starting in the fall prior to application, prospective applicants work with HPA through a preapplication process.
This process serves two purposes:
- It helps you reflect on your experiences and craft your narrative prior to the application.
- It helps HPA advisers to write a unique, detailed committee letter of recommendation that will present you in a positive, personalized light to admissions committees.
The preapplication process includes submitting a number of forms, essays, and other materials, and participating in a Preapplication Interview. The process is outlined in detail in the Applicant Information Session. All forms and instructions are available to applicants via a Canvas course. Email HPA for details.
- Attend an Applicant Information Session (or watch online)
- Email HPA for access to the Canvas course for applicants
- Submit the Applicant Intake / Intent to Apply form and Resume on Canvas
- Meet with an HPA adviser for an Intake appointment
- Participate in an HPA preapplication interview, which will include preparing and submitting preapplication materials:
- activities overview
- activities list
- short essay responses
- prerequisites form
HPA Applicant Guide: 2023 Matriculation
A copy of last year's Applicant Guide. This will be updated for the 2024 application cycle by October 2022.
Sample HPA Forms
A copy of the forms that applicants in last year's cycle completed. These will be updated for the 2024 application cycle by October 2022.